Sunday, July 15, 2018

Day 6 — A stranger

I've been sitting on this letter challenge for ever now, & I think I'll be able to finish it this year! Hahaha hurray!

Ok, so now I'm Day 6 and it's for a stranger. Here goes...


Dear stranger,

I imagine you're from the Philippines. I hope we'll both be alive when the Probinsyano ends. I hope we won't be living the Marcos' copycat's dream anytime soon. 

Anyhoo, I've been dying to tell someone everything that's good in the world, so you'll have a handful of stuff from me. :)

1. Life is not fair. It's not a fairy tale. Everyone dies at the end. But, as my favorite author Neil Gaiman eloquently wrote here (please read it because I could not do justice in summarizing his words), if faced between two evils, and there's a good thing in the middle, just enjoy the good thing. 

2. Live your true self. I can't do this all the time so I want to always be with myself or with my boyfriend, but if you still can change your life to be who you want to be, do it. It's just one take, you know. There's no next chance. 

3. Likewise, there's this classic song that spoke right through me on a different level this midlife crisis of mine, and it's 
<drumroll>



This is my favorite part:


Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

Who cares if you're not a lawyer, or a doctor, or an engineer? If you don't want to be one, don't want to be one. We can take the not-yet-built path and it's alright. We may not have plans for our future yet - still fine. If you want to have fun, and you have the means, go for it. If you don't have the means, work hard, then party harder after. (Debts are deadly, don't do it.) The song's message is all about breaking the mold. No one should care about the mold. It's made by a society that doesn't consider one's feelings. 

4. Own a dog. They're the best companions ever. If the humans keep failing you, just go to your dog and everything will be lighter to handle. 


Our dog, Twinkle!

5. Own your body. It's not the state's, your religion's or your boyfriend's. It's yours. Do what you want with it. Know every corner and detail of your beautiful body, because it's a sad sad thought that many of my acquaintances won't touch certain parts of their bodies on an ordinary day unless they have to! It's crazy. 

6. Your moral code is only yours. If you have a religion as your basis, and I have none, it's none of your business. And vice versa,as long as you're not hurting anyone. Most especially as long as you're not imposing it to everyone. It's disgusting. You may coat it as discipleship, but no one's been fooled by bigotry. 
Ekkk, I'm preaching already. Let's just love one another, just as the Fab5 does.

Yep, let's make world a better and cleaner place, shall we? 

   Love, 
Stranger 2






 

No comments:

Post a Comment